Updating Outdated Interior Design
Why do people want to redecorate? One common reason is that they’re surrounded by dated interior design. If you’re in this camp and trying to determine exactly what’s “in” now to appropriately update your décor, you’re in luck. House Beautiful recently posted its take on “5 Top Trends in American Decorating” for this year. What are they?
- Bright and bold colors are freshening up otherwise traditional furniture and accessories.
- Extremely large great rooms are being separated (not by walls, but by furniture arrangement) into unique and functional zones.
- A space for gathering and eating in the kitchen that’s versatile enough to be stylish and comfortable.
- Toning down the severity of completely modern looks by adding softness and warmth.
- A compilation of styles in one space to lend a collected look.
Check out House Beautiful for great visual examples of each of these trends. Which of these trends are you most excited about?
Photo: Francesco Lagnese for House Beautiful
- Burr Ridge Remodelng and renovation
- Chicago Custom Homes
- Chicago Interior Designers
- Chicago renovations and remodeling
- Design Process
- Go Green
- Hinsdale Interior design
- Lighting Design
- New Construction
- News and Events
- Perimeter of the home
- project management
- Renovation & Remodeling chicago
- Ruthie & Charlie
- Tips and Trends
- Window Treatments